For the 15th year in a row, SozialMarie Prize for Social Innovation is looking to recognize and reward projects that can serve as a best practice for solving social problems through social innovation. Apply by January 22nd!
Are you implementing a socially innovative project which addresses present-day social challenges, conflicts and problems in one of the following countries: Austra, Croatia, Czech Republic, Hungary, Slovakia or Slovenia? Apply until January 22nd to qualify to win one of 15 prizes which will be awarded at a ceremony in Vienna on May 15th.
The first three prizes are endowed with 15,000 euro, 10,000 euro and 5000 euro, another twelve prizes with 2,000 euro each.
Cognizant that social change often comes from the grassroots, the SozialMarie Prize for Social Innovation wants to recognize and support projects making a difference in their community.
"Social innovation drafts solutions to pressing social challenges. It provides room for new approaches, gives innovative answers and lays news paths. Social innovation either reacts to a new social question or it solves a known problem by a new practice. Action can be taken by the affected social group itself, it must in any case be appropriated and co-implemented by those concerned. In this manner, social innovation creates sustainable, exemplary solutions that inspire others."
WHO can submit an application?
- People who run projects that deal with current social problems and challenges
- Applications from individuals, commercial firms, the social economy (civil society initiatives, NGOs, NPOs, associations) and public administration are eligible.
- Participation is open to projects throughout the whole of Austria, Hungary, the Czech Republic and the whole of Slovakia.
- The following applies for Croatia, Slovenia, Poland and Germany: the implementation of submitted projects from these countries may not be further than 300 km away from Vienna as the crow flies.
WHAT conditions must the project fulfil?
- The project must comply with SozialMarie’s Terms and Conditions.
- The projects must be proven in use and must have a future before them. At the time of submission, they must already have been sufficiently implemented and they must still be running. Neither completed projects nor projects in the planning stage will be accepted.
- The submitted project must be a socially innovative project in compliance with SozialMarie’s Criteria for Social Innovation.
- Submission of more than one project is permitted. Such projects must, however, be independent of one another and must be submitted on separate forms. Projects submitted in the past can be submitted again provided they have not been awarded a prize.
HOW does one submit?
- Applications must be submitted online on the SozialMarie website.
- The application form must be completed and submitted online before 23:55 on January 22nd, 2019.
- Submission is completed in two languages: The entire submission form including all PDF attachments must be completed and uploaded in the participant’s respective national language AND separately in English. Machine translations are not recognised. Exception: The English version suffices for Croatia, Slovenia, Poland and Germany.
- For information on the technical procedure of the online application consult FAQ.
- The application can only be submitted if all mandatory information is provided and if the maximum length for each answer is not exceeded. Successful submission is automatically confirmed via e-mail.
Take a look at previous winners here: https://www.sozialmarie.org/en/projects/winners
For more info, visit: https://www.sozialmarie.org/en/call-for-applications