1. Collection of information
We may collect the following kinds of information when you use the Services:
Information you provide directly to us
For certain activities, such as when you register or contact us directly, we may ask you to provide some or all of the following types of information:
Log-in information, including alias, e-mail address, language
No plain-text passwords will be stored (only hashes) and therefore the personal profile information (including email, country of residence and preferred topics/activities on commonfare.net) will be only accessible by the registered user.
2. Use of information
We generally use the information we collect online to:
- Share user-inputted stories and facilitate commentary on such stories;
- Assist users in setting up accounts with commonfare.net
- Communicate support resources with users who have shared stories
- Share anonymized user content reports (e.g., narrative of a story/content, location of a story/content) with third party researchers for research purposes or universities or legislators for advocacy purposes;
- Analyze the use of the Services and user data to understand and improve the Service;
- Customize the content you see when you use the Services – for example, location information is used to tag the location of a story reported by a user, which location may be edited by the user;
- For any other purposes disclosed to you at the time we collect your information or pursuant to your consent.
3. Disclosure of information
We are committed to maintaining your trust, and we want you to understand when and with whom we may share the information we collect.
- General Public. We may disclose information to the general public if you submit content in a public forum, such as stories or comments on such stories.
- Research. We may disclose your anonymized information to third party researchers for research purposes. All data will be based on anonymously classified and logged data (age, gender, etc.) which is not related with the personalized profile or preference of the user.
- With your consent. We may share information for any other purposes disclosed to you at the time we collect the information or pursuant to your consent.