Commonfare Call for Stories: Write a story and attend the Commonfare Conference on Good Governance from the Bottom Up in Budapest, Hungary!
Commonfare.net is a platform designed to inform, inspire, and connect people across Europe in imagining and creating a more just society based on citizen solidarity, the common good and social justice. Indeed there are already many NGOs, citizens initiatives, research think tanks and responsible citizens working across borders and themes, from the grassroots level to protect common spaces, common goods, and hold the powerful accountable for good governance.
Recently in Europe, there has been a shrinking of public spaces, public goods and a decline in the perception of good governance of both public goods and interests. Citizens, grassroots initiatives and movements, as well as NGOs, think tanks and institutes have stepped up to support good governance from the bottom up. In this conference, we would like to present several actors working from the grassroots to support good governance and the protection of common goods, with the goal of exchanging ideas, experiences, barriers and good practices. The conference will be in English language.
We are pleased to announce our next Call for Common Stories! Share your ideas about how citizens, NGOs and think tanks can contribute to social justice and a better society in Europe. social enterprises contribute to social justice and a better society in Europe. If your story is selected, Commonfare will send you to the Commonfare Conference on Good Governance from the Bottom Up, organized by the Corruption Research Centre Budapest in Budapest, Hungary on April 18th, as well as the weekend in Budapest from the 18th to the 21st so you can explore other examples of best practices in Hungary. Commonfare will cover the expenses of travel, accommodation and provide a daily allowance for you to enjoy the conference and your weekend in Budapest to the fullest.
Interested? Here's what you need to do:
- Become a Commoner by signing up at commonfare.net
- Show us your interest in becoming a Commonfare blogger at the Commonfare conference in Budapest by transferring 10 of your commoncoin to the Commonfare account (if you need help, just let us know)
- Answer one of the following questions, in your own voice and your own style, using your imagination and your values:
How can citizens, NGOs and think tanks contribute to good governance and social justice?
One example of grassroots efforts for good governance and protection of public spaces in my country is…
The criteria for selection as a travelling blogger are: i) relevance to question posed, ii) representation of Commonfare values, iii) potential to help, inform or inspire others, and iv) creativity
- Post your story on commonfare.net by end of day on April 15th (CET), with the tags „Budapest“ and „Common story“.
- Commonfare will announce the winning entry on April 15th in a post on commonfare.net. The winner will be notified via the email they used to sign up to commonfare.net.
- Pack your bags for an incredible time with incredible people in Budapest!
- When it’s all over, write a story about your experience for Commonfare.net
Have any questions, need more information or not sure how to write your story? Contact our Commoner Maja at email@example.com.