Cookies help us deliver our services. By using our services, you agree to our use of cookies.


Kinderbijslag (Child benefit)

Financing Body                                    

State, executed by SVB (Social Insurance Bank)


Workers with child(ren) to 18 years.

Types of workers who are not entitled to the unemployment benefit:

All the beneficiaries indicated above can access to the benefit, without any particular restriction

Rates of the benefit                (If the child has a (side) job, this can affect the amount)

0-5: 197,51 per quarter

6-11: 239,84 per quarter

12-17: 282,16 per quarter

Duration of benefit

The benefit will stop:

  • the quarter after the child turns 18
  • if the child is 16 or 17 and earns too much money
  • if the child dies
  • if you move abroad
  • if the child moves abroad
  • if the child is 16 or 17 and not in education
Claim procedures   

The municipality sends the declaration of the birth of your child to the SVB (Social Insurance Bank). About 2 to 4 weeks after this, you receive al letter from the SVB. You can then apply for child support on the SVB website. For this you need a DigiD. You can also ask to send a paper application form to the SVB. For consecutive children you don’t need to do anything. If the child is born or lives outside the Netherlands, you need to contact the SVB yourself. This is also the case when you failed to declare the birth of your child within one month after it is born.


State, executed by the SVB

Applicable statutory basis          

Algemene Kinderbijslagwet – BWBR0002368 is for, with, and by people.

Do you want to join? You will need only an email address, and we will never use it for other purposes.


There are no comments